Revised: August 15, 2016
Thank you for visiting the Arbitration Forums, Inc. ("AF") website located at www.arbfile.org ("Site"). The public areas of this Site are generally accessible by all users (hereinafter "Users"); however, member areas of the Site are only accessible by users who have been authenticated and granted permission by AF to use AF's online services ("Online Products and Services"), including arbitrators ("Member Arbitrators") and persons who use AF's Internet-based dispute resolution services, including AF's Online Filing and E-Subro Hub programs for the processing of subrogation demands (collectively referred to as "My Arbfile"). The Site, including its public areas, member areas, Online Products and Services, and My Arbfile are collectively referred to as the "AF Features" in this document.
Any and all of the AF Features contain data, content, software, code, information, materials, processes, procedures, methods and techniques (hereinafter "Data and Information"), which are protected by trademarks, service marks, copyrights, trade secret rights, and other intellectual and proprietary rights (hereinafter "Proprietary Rights"). You acknowledge, understand, and agree that AF retains all Proprietary Rights in and to all Data and Information, excluding Data and Information that you provide.
By accessing and using any of the AF Features, you agree not to:
1) To become an Authenticated User, Users must have registered with My Arbfile, provided certain profile information to create an account ("Account") and must be granted permission to use member areas of the Site, Online Products and Services, and My Arbfile. Profile information may include (for illustration purposes only), user ID, password, name, title, department, your company's name, mailing address, phone number, fax number, e-mail address, and website address ("Profile Information").
2) By submitting your Profile Information through any of the AF Features, you grant AF a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, transmit, and display this Profile Information in connection with AF's operation of any of the applicable AF Features and/or your use of any of the applicable AF Features.
4) In becoming an Authenticated User, you agree not to:
5) You agree to immediately notify AF of any known or suspected unauthorized use(s) of your Account or any known or suspected breach of security, including loss, theft, or unauthorized disclosure of your password. You acknowledge, understand, and agree that you shall be liable for all activities that occur under any Account created for your use, even if such activities were not committed by you. AF is not responsible for any loss or damage arising from your failure to maintain the confidentiality of your password.
2) In accessing and using any of the AF Features, you agree not to:
3) If you engage in conduct that AF reasonably believes is:
AF may immediately terminate your Account, revoke or withdraw permission granted to an Authenticated User, or suspend your access to your Account in its sole discretion and without notice.
4) Use of any of the AF Features for illegal, fraudulent, or abusive purposes may be referred to law enforcement authorities without notice.
5) Upon AF's termination of your Account for any of the forgoing reasons, AF will have no obligation to notify any third parties regarding such termination, and you will be responsible for any damages that may result or arise out of termination of your Account.
1) Any information submitted about a case ("Case Information") through the use of any of the AF Features is the sole responsibility of the person posting or transmitting such Case Information. You, and not AF, are entirely responsible for all Case Information that you upload, post, e-mail, transmit, or otherwise make available through the use of any of the AF Features. AF does not control the Case Information posted or transmitted through the use of any of the AF Features and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, reliability or quality of such Case Information. Further, you acknowledge, understand, and agree that AF may or may not pre-screen Case Information that is displayed on or transmitted through the use of any of the AF Features, including, but not limited to, use of PII. Under no circumstances will AF be liable in any way for any Case Information including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Case Information, use or access to PII, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of or your loss of use of any Case Information posted, e-mailed, transmitted, or otherwise made available on or through the use of any of the AF Features, including, but not limited to, your use or access to PII. You agree that AF may, in its sole discretion, refuse to post, store, or transmit any Case Information submitted by you and may move, remove, edit, or modify any such Case Information for any reason at any time without notice.
AF may provide links to third parties' websites ("Linked Sites") on any of the AF Features. Linked Sites are not necessarily reviewed, controlled, or examined by AF in any way, and AF is not responsible for the policies and practices of any such Linked Sites or any additional links contained therein. These links do not imply AF's endorsement of or association with the Linked Sites. You, acknowledge, understand, and agree that AF is not responsible or liable in any way for any content, advertising, services, or goods on or made available from such Linked Sites or resources either via links provided by AF or by any user or third party.
1) You acknowledge, understand, and agree that the processing and transmission of communications relating to the use of any of the AF Features may involve transmissions over various networks and changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting to various networks or devices. Therefore, you acknowledge, understand, and agree that AF will not be responsible or liable for the timeliness, deletion, misdelivery, or failure to store any data, information, or content that you provide for display on or for transmission through the use of any of the AF Features.
2) ANY AND ALL OF THE AF FEATURES ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OR CONDITION, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, AF SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. FURTHER, THE INFORMATION ON ANY OF THE AF FEATURES SHALL IN NO EVENT BE CONSIDERED OR RELIED UPON AS LEGAL ADVICE OR AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR SEEKING THE ADVICE OF A LICENSED ATTORNEY.
3) AF makes no representation or warranty that (a) any of the AF Features will meet your expectations or requirements; (b) any of the AF Features will be available, uninterrupted, timely, secure, accurate, complete, or error free; (c) any results or information that may be obtained from the use of any of the AF Features will be accurate, timely, complete, or reliable; (d) any errors or defects in any of the AF Features will be corrected; or (e) any of the AF Features and/or the server that makes any of the AF Features available are free of viruses, clocks, timers, counters, worms, software locks, malware, Trojan horses, trap doors, time bombs, or any other harmful or malicious codes, instructions, programs, or components. Operation of any of the AF Features may be interfered with by numerous factors outside of AF's control including, but not limited to, telecommunications network disruptions. AF is not responsible and will have no liability for any failures of the Internet or any data or telecommunications equipment, system, or network used in connection with any of the AF Features.
4) You acknowledge, understand, and agree that the entire risk arising out of the use or performance of any of the AF Features remains with you to the maximum extent permitted by law.
5) YOU ACKNOWLEDGE, UNDERSTAND, AND AGREE THAT YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR ANY PROBLEMS OR DISSATISFACTION WITH ANY OF THE AF FEATURES IS TO TERMINATE YOUR ACCOUNT AND DISCONTINUE USE OF ANY OF THE AF FEATURES.
1) IN NO EVENT SHALL AF OR ANY OF ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, MEMBERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, CONSULTANTS, PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS, SUPPLIERS, OR SERVICE PROVIDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING FROM, OR DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RELATED TO, THE USE OF, THE INABILITY TO USE, OR RELIANCE ON ANY OF THE AF FEATURES, OR THE CONTENT, MATERIALS, AND FUNCTIONS RELATED THERETO, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF REVENUE, ANTICIPATED PROFITS, BUSINESS, PROGRAMS, OR INFORMATION, EVEN IF AF OR SUCH PERSON OR ENTITY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION. IN NO EVENT SHALL AF BE LIABLE FOR OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY INFORMATION POSTED, TRANSMITTED, EXCHANGED, OR RECEIVED BY OR ON BEHALF OF ANY VISITOR OR OTHER PERSON ON OR THROUGH ANY OF THE AF FEATURES.
2) AF HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY TO YOU, THE PEOPLE YOU AUTHORIZE TO ACCESS YOUR ACCOUNT, OR ANY OTHER PARTY FOR ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY THAT MAY RESULT FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE YOUR ACCOUNT INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY CAUSED BY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, COMMUNICATION SERVICE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR USE OF ANY OF THE AF FEATURES UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY OR CAUSE OF ACTION. NEITHER AF NOR ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, MEMBERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, CONSULTANTS, PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS, SUPPLIERS, OR SERVICE PROVIDERS SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THOSE ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF ANY OF THE AF FEATURES OR INABILITY TO GAIN ACCESS TO ANY OF THE AF FEATURES.
Arbitration Forums, Inc.
3820 Northdale Boulevard, Suite 200A
Tampa, Florida 33624